Our Global Human Family

The San Damiano Friary in San Antonio, Texas, is a house of formation for many of our student friars. On April 23, 2022, a new expansion providing twelve more bedrooms…

Continue Reading Our Global Human Family

A Discernment Diptych

Panel I: Wounded Men Make the Best Friars My freshmen used to revel in peppering me with religious “what if…” questions.  Centuries before them, medieval theologians reveled in peppering one…

Continue Reading A Discernment Diptych

A Missionary of Heroic Virtue

One of the thriving younger Conventual Franciscan Fraternities around the world is the Proto-Martyrs Province in Zambia. The number of professed friars and the continuing number of new vocations is…

Continue Reading A Missionary of Heroic Virtue

Visit With Our Friars in Lviv, Ukraine

From March 31st to April 1st 2022, Friar Carlos A. Trovarelli, Minister General, visited the Convent of St. Francis of Assisi in Lviv, Ukraine. Also present were the Guardian of…

Continue Reading Visit With Our Friars in Lviv, Ukraine

An International Friary for a Global Order

Friar Tom Merrill recently visited our friary and house of studies in San Antonio, Texas. Student friars from around the world live together there, growing in their commitment to Conventual…

Continue Reading An International Friary for a Global Order

United in Prayer for the Ukraine

Conventual Franciscan Federations United in Prayer The General Delegate for Justice, Peace, and Integrity of Creation (JPIC), Friar Michael J. Lasky, invites all of the Conventual Franciscan Federations to pray…

Continue Reading United in Prayer for the Ukraine